As the winter cold tightens its grip, spanning from Washington to New York and even reaching into the southern states, the concern for protecting your preemie from the chilly elements becomes paramount. Beyond the ordinary blankets that might not suffice in shielding your little one during car rides, various options are available to ensure their warmth and comfort. Navigating the winter weather with a preemie requires thoughtful consideration, and we have compiled several options to help you provide the extra layer of protection your delicate bundle needs when it's time to venture outdoors.
The first option to ensure your preemie's warmth during winter travels is the adorable Bear Suits from Magnetic Me.
Magnetic Me little bear suits feature their quick and easy magnetic closures. They are completely lined from ear to paw with ultra-soft organic cotton for added warmth. They feature attached mittens and embroidered bear feet. No reason to hibernate when your cub looks this cute!
- Built-in mittens for extra warmth
- Fuzzy bear ears and embroidered bear paws for extra whimsy.
- No over-the-head design.
- Can be worn in layers, over other outfits.
- Minky fleece shell with soft & gentle 100% organic cotton lining
- Magnetic closures
- Machine washable
- Crafted from 68% Viscose from Bamboo (organically and sustainably grown), 27% Organic Cotton, and 5% Spandex
- Super soft, stretchy, and cozy
- Medium weight, breathable and snuggly
- For best care, machine wash inside out on gentle cycle with similar items, tumble dry low
- Tag-free label for extra comfort
- Rated UPF 50+ to keep your little one safe in the sun
Opt for the third option with Perfectly Preemie's Snug-a-Bugs, offering unparalleled warmth and cuddliness to keep your preemie snug during chilly days..
The Snug-a-Bug is the perfect little outerwear for preemie babies. The soft warm polar fleece fabric will help keep your little one cozy this winter. Just slip their little feet in, wrap them up and the built-in hood will keep little heads warm. For a snug fit, there is extra long velcro on one of the sides that allows for adjustments. The other side is long enough to be tucked around the baby for a nice snuggle.
The Snug-a-Bug works very well in the car seat, as well as in the stroller.
- Made from Soft 100% polyester fleece
- Made with VELCRO® New Sleek and Thin product.
- Machine washable - Made in the US
For the fourth option, choose a simple yet effective solution with a little jacket from KicKee Pants, providing straightforward warmth and comfort for your preemie.
Your little one will be toasty warm in this cozy bamboo fleece hoodie with an extra cushy sherpa-lined hood and adorable animal ears. Kickee Bamboo Fleece fabric is 68% viscose from bamboo (organically and sustainably grown), 27% organic cotton, and 5% spandex, making it the perfect blend of softness, stretchiness and coziness. But that’s not all! The jacket hood is lined with 100% polyester sherpa fleece for extra fluff, perfect to keep heads and ears warm.
- Zip-front closure
- Cozy pockets to warm little hands
- Sherpa-lined hood (100% polyester sherpa fleece)
- 68% viscose from bamboo, 27% organic cotton, and 5% spandex
- Machine wash on cold with similar fabrics and tumble dry low
- Rated UPF 50+ for sun protection
Beyond the fantastic jacket and bunting options, let's not overlook the power of simple warmth – hats! These snug little hats from Huggalugs are designed to keep your little one's head exceptionally warm as winter settles in.