You are having a dilemma, you or a friend has suddenly had a preemie baby and you are asking yourself the question. Where do you go to shop when you need to find preemie clothes? I would answer the most accessible place is Preemie Store! We offer over 16 different brands and the largest selection of NICU-Friendly clothing in the USA. Along with pacifiers and other fun preemie gear. I am sure you would be thinking "of course that is what she is going to say!" You are half right, I do believe we are the best choice for parents, If I didn't you should wondering why I am doing this!
But, I realize this might not be the only place you will find some great options to find great preemie clothes. So, I am going to share my top 5 sites to find preemie clothes.
- Preemie Store - As mentioned above, we have the largest selection of preemie clothing that covers NICU-Friendly to going home and memorable occasions. We offer four sizes, Micro (1-3lbs), Teeny (2-4lbs), Preemie (3-6lbs) and Newborn (5-8lbs). Along with the clothing, we offer pacifiers, accessories, and our very own NICU Diary. In recent years many NICU's will not allow clothing until babies reach certain milestones, so we have increased our inventory of hats, mittens, leg warmers and diaper covers.
- Amazon - Considering it is the largest store in the world, I have to add them to this list. Besides they offer NICU-Friendly clothing from Perfectly Preemie and many great options for bodysuits, footies, gowns, and accessories. The biggest drawback is having to hunt through all the listings to find your products. You may be purchasing socks from Amazon directly and your NICU shirt from Perfectly Preemie, and your footie from another company. If you are a NICU parent keeping track of all the different orders may be a little bit more time-consuming, as well as any returns that are necessary!
- Carter's - is an excellent option for preemie clothes. A few years ago, they expanded their line to include a few NICU-Friendly Sleep n Play and bodysuits. They also carry many footie, bodysuits, and set options that are not NICU-Friendly, and accessories. Carter's has always been a cost-effective option for parents, and their sizing is very accurate.
- Etsy - offers so many fun and custom options for parents. Etsy is the place to go for an outfit with your baby's name printed, to a bodysuit with the cutest saying. The unique thing about Etsy is knowing you are supporting small businesses.
- Department Store - I combined all the Macy's, Nordstroms, Buy Buy Baby, Kohls, and Target together because they all sell the same type of items. The basic footie, bodysuit, and a few gowns.
The best part of putting this list together is the realization of how far we have come is the ability to find preemie clothing. When I started back in 1993, I was driven by the fact that we could only find a few outfits at one department store, and they cost about $40.00. The fact they were basic footies and wouldn't fit the 3 pound baby that got us out shopping. Today we have many more options, and it is so nice to be able to go online and find just what you need. I hope we make it even easier to find everything you need in one store.
If you don't find something you need, please feel free to send me a message and let me know. I will start the hunt and see if we can add it to our store.
Thank you for taking your time to read my ramblings,